Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day 2010

It's election day and the question on many peoples mind..."did you vote today?". I never really saw the importance of voting during an election when we weren't picking a new president, but this election has changed my view. Between the republicans trying to regain control, democrats holding on for dear life and the tea partiest? trying to shake everything up, it seems like all we talk about is this election. I wonder how much will really change if the republicans regain the majority or is this just another talk to win and when they get in nothing is accomplished. I also wonder how much can the tea party do if they are faced with opposition by potentially both parties. But what I think about most is how do Americans think 2 years is enough to fix years of damage done to our economy. I don't necessarily agree with all that has been done, but I do know that our economy will not recover overnight (or 2 years for that matter) and that it takes time and we while we may not all agree on certain policies we do agree that something's got to give and our nation must get better. So with that I ask you, Did you vote today? I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment